£165.00 – £345.00
5 Day Intensive on Urban Permaculture
An advanced Permaculture experience that explores the depth and breadth of sustainable design in urban and community settings. With Sarah Pugh, Sara Venn and a host of guest tutors.
About This Course
Course Content – An advanced Permaculture curriculum that explores the depth and breadth of sustainable design in urban and community settings. Within a design framework we look at
- meeting the needs of, supporting positive development within the community – creating inclusive, responsive and relevant systems.
- designing for economic opportunities and challenges – using permaculture to feed people, tackle poverty and generate employment.
- dealing with practicalities of growing food and building in the city – space, soil, water, waste streams and maintenance planning.
- Working with the urban landscape – re-visioning our towns and cities to make room for food, wildlife, well-being and connection.
- Specific presentations include aquaponics, mushrooms, orchards, eco-building, working with the local council, practical urban growing, community gardening, local economy, local food systems, community engagement and inclusion.
- Examples from successful pioneer projects around the UK and beyond.
5 full days of presentations, workshops, discussions and design activities. Includes visits to local projects, walks and activities. Lunch included.
Deepen your understanding of the principles, ethics and practice of Permaculture Design and how they can be applied in inclusive, real world situations.
Explore the application of Permacutlure Design tools to urban landscapes, practical growing and economic and social systems.
Make links with other urban practitioners and create a reinforcing network for your ideas, learning and projects.
Staying in Bristol
The course is non-residential but we can connect you with lovely local permaculture group members offering free couch surfing or spare room accommodation from £10 per night. Lunch is provided on the course and shared evening meals will be arranged.
DATE: Saturday 14th to Wednesday 18th July 2018
TIMES: 9.30am to 5.30pm
VENUE: Gasworks Studio, 27 Narroways Road, Bristol, England, BS5 6XP – View Map
- Sarah Pugh – Shift Bristol
- Sara Venn – Founder and Co-ordinator of Incredible Edible Bristol
- Patrick Mallory Founder of Upcycled Mushrooms
- Jackson Moulding – Founder of Eco-motive
- Mark Leach Project Manager. Sustainability and Climate Change. Bristol City Council.
- Pete Summers – Aquaponics dude
- Lewis McNeil – Urban Orchard Project
- Matt Cracknell Feed Bristol
- others tbc
- Full Waged £325
- Low Waged £275
- Unwaged £165
If you’re unsure, see What rate should I pay?
To book, please read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Full waged, Low waged, Unwaged