Shift Bristol Terms & Conditions
Acceptance on the course
- We reserve the right not to offer you a place on the Practical Sustainability Course.
Cancellation by you
- Your deposit is non-refundable.
- You may cancel your place on the Practical Sustainability Course up until our application closing date – 31st July 2016. Cancellation must be in writing to us by email
- If you withdraw from the course after the application closing date you are still liable for the full fee.
Termination by us
- We reserve the right to terminate a student’s place on the PSC if we deem their behaviour as aggressive, abusive, disruptive or if your behaviour compromises your safety or the safety of others.
- Initially a verbal warning will be given; the second stage is a written warning. The final stage is termination of the student’s place on the course.
Changes to the date/venue/tutor of a teaching session
- While we do our best to ensure the timetable is delivered as outlined at the start of the course some dates and venues may be subject to change due to unforseen circumstances. Students shall be informed of any changes via text and/or email.
- The tutors for each course listed on the Shift Bristol website are correct at the time but are subject to change without notice.
- Tutor biographies on the Shift Bristol website do not form part of a contract.
- Much of the course requires participants to have a reasonable level of mobility and physical fitness. Activities include walking in all terrains, standing for periods of time, being outside in inclement weather, using tools (with training) and working at height. Students are only asked to do activities they are able to manage and under professional supervision. If you feel you would be unable to manage any of these activities then please contact us to discuss the suitability of the course to you. We welcome applications from everyone.
Data Protection. Statement of intent
- When booking a place for a Shift Bristol event or when signing up to our mailing list you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (name, email address, postal address etc).
- By sending us your details you enable Shift Bristol to book you a place onto your chosen event and put you onto our mailing list if you ask us to do so. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Shift Bristol will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current best practice.
Use and storage of your personal information
- When you supply any personal information to Shift Bristol CIC we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. Any information you provide to Shift Bristol will only be used by Shift Bristol. It will never be supplied to anyone outside of Shift Bristol without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it.
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Access to your personal information
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Shift Bristol holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We aim to provide you with the most enjoyable and safe experience possible whilst you are studying with us.
- If you are dissatisfied in any way please tell us immediately. We welcome the opportunity to remedy situations immediately if we can.
- We will investigate every complaint we receive. We will do our best to put right any problems we find and we will always tell you the result of our actions.
How to make a complaint
If you have a complaint, please make it in the following way:
- Step one: Directly discuss the matter with either Sarah Pugh or Bryher Bloor, as soon as a problem arises. This can be either face to face, by telephone or by email. If you would feel more comfortable talking to someone other than Sarah or Bryher please we can put you in touch with another Director of Shift Bristol CIC.
- Step two: If you are not satisfied with the outcome of step one, please request and complete a formal complaint form – you can request a form from. We will acknowledge your complaint within 10 working days. Your complaint will be discussed at a directors meeting to see how the matter can be resolved. We will then write to you with details of our response to your complaint.
- Step Three We can arrange a mediated meeting to discuss the matter. Mediation can be with one or more of our Directors or with an independent mediator if needed.
- Step Four: If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of step three then you may make a formal complaint to the ‘Company Investigation Team’ at Companies House. Contact them on 020 7596 6100 or via the Companies House website.